Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving, Trees, and Old Memories




I prep my oh so sweet and should really be a dessert sweet potatoes the night before so I have one less thing to worry about.  I also grind my own cinnamon in a coffee grinder and cinnamon sticks I purchase from a local Korean market.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it!
 We normally don't celebrate Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day in our house really even though we go down to my father-in-law's house and eat in the early afternoon it just doesn't beat eating the meal in your own home with your Mom. My husband and I stared a second thanksgiving meal the day after to give both of our Mom's a thanksgiving with us, since neither are married and don't participate in the thanksgiving day meal we go to.

I usually set up my tree the week of thanksgiving and this year I had help from a little someone. That same little helper helped even more this morning by tearing off all of the ornaments from the bottom of the tree.


Another thing from over the break is this building. This was one of the busiest stores in my neighborhood before suburban sprawl killed it and the mall it was attached to over the course of less then 10 years.  It was the first to go when things started to go down hill but it has turned into blight after sitting empty for so long. Hopefully by tearing it down will attract someone new to the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When leaving a comment, remember Wil Wheaton's Law of the internet.