Cons can be a fun and wonderful experience but when you're behind a table you need to make sure you have a few things with you, besides your equipment and product, to make it through the day!
Survival Bag Contents:
- Large Water Bottle. (You'll have plenty of sodas, Ramune, and other fun beverages to drink but you need to drink plenty of water to keep yourself going!)
- Towel ('cause you know the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy says so!)
- Extra set of clothes (if you're like me you'll be in costume most of the day but when it comes to tearing down you'll want a pair of comfy clothes to be in to leave!)
- Extra Cash outside of your change for customers
- Phone Charger
- A Bento Box of Healthy Goodies (If you have dietary restrictions or allergies this is a must plus you need to stay healthy in a sea of pocky, ramen, and hi-chews.)
- Deodorant (Do I need to explain con funk to you?)
Once you're behind your table you need to remember a few things also:
- Establish relationships with your fellow dealers/artist alley people! These people will help to watch your table when you need to run to the bathroom or help to get food.
- Don't forget packaging for items! It makes your items feel specials and your customers.
- Remember to give our your promotional items to everyone who stops by and thank them!
- Don't forge to take breaks before things start to rev back up or when they start to die down.
- Offer to watch your fellow dealers/artist alley members tables if they need to take a break when they do it for you!
These are just a few things for surviving a con when you are behind a table and can apply when you are at a con as well hopping around from panel to panel.