Thursday, November 15, 2012

Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention







Here are the few pics I captured last weekend at the Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention at the Hilton Hotel and Convention Center. I had a pretty sweet spot right near the first door you come to when entering the dealer's room which meant I had lot of students visiting me, such as the lovely young girl who is modeling one of my unicorn headbands, during the school field trips.

 It was a unique experience compared to most standard comic book conventions (con/s). Normally a con doesn't start until much later in the afternoon on the first day but, this is the only one in the region that offers students a special field trip, started at 9 am. It made for a very long weekend with the early Friday start time but the entire event was success for me and the shop.

What's next? This weekend, 16th and 17th, the  is the Memphis College of Art's Holiday Bazaar. I've been doing this show since my undergraduate years at the college and I always have both my actual art work and a table set up for it but it's not like standard shows where you man your own table. The college runs the entire show and you pick up your art work at the end of it.

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. That is too cool!!! I love your table and that unicorn headband is so cute!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just you wait, I've got pictures coming of the Holiday Bazaar tomorrow which is possibly the most insane show I go to.

      Delete

When leaving a comment, remember Wil Wheaton's Law of the internet.